Bill of Rights Day Contest
The General Assembly of the State of Ohio has designated Saturday, December 15th as Bill of Rights Day. To commemorate this special day E Pluribus Unum, Ohio Constitution Defense Council and the Peoples Rights Organization are sponsoring a Bill of Rights Day Essay Contest and encourage the active involvement of Central Ohio High School Students.
If you are a student within Franklin, Delaware, Union, Madison, Pickaway, Fairfield, and Licking Counties, and attending a public, private or home school, and in grades Eleven (11) or Twelve (12), you are encouraged to participate in an essay contest.
The topic for the essay contest is:
Why is the Bill of Rights Important to American Liberty and is the Bill of Rights Endangered?
Rules for the contest include:
- Participants must be in grades 11 or 12, attending schools within the above named counties.
- Entries must be typed.
- Essay to include 500 words or less with cover page included.
- One-inch margins, 10-12 characters per inch, on 8 ½ by 11-inch paper and double-spaced.
- Essays must include name, address and phone number of student on the cover page only.
- Finalists must be present at Awards Ceremony to win, excepting emergencies.
- Entries must be sent to the following address:
Bill of Rights Essay Contest
3953 Indianola Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43214
- Entries must be postmarked by Thursday, November 15, 2001. Winners will be notified by mail.
- Prizes include:
1st Prize --- $1,000.00 plus 1st Place Trophy 2nd Prize --- $500.00 3rd Prize --- $250.00
10 Honorable Mention Prizes of $100.00 each.
Ten Honorable Mention Certificates will also be presented as well as other awards.
A panel of Judges will select the winning essays based on clarity, substance and originality.
All finalists will read their essays on Saturday, December 15th, 7:00 pm at a Bill of Rights Program to be held at the Ohio Historical Society Auditorium. Off of I-71 at 17th Ave., just north of the Ohio State Expo Center.
The Bill of Rights Day program will feature a program of distinguished speakers and special music honoring America and Freedom.
Your participation is encouraged to help US to celebrate our Bill of Rights.
The Bill of Rights Day Essay Contest is being sponsored by E Pluribus Unum, Ohio Constitution Defense Council and the Peoples Rights Organization.