Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Inc.
P.O. Box 270143
Hartford, WI 53027
Phone (262) 673-9745
Fax (262) 673-9746
May 2, 2000
JPFO Works to Protect All of the Bill of Rights
A brief answer to those who few who complained about JPFO's alerts and billboard criticizing the federal invasion of the private home in Florida.
1. JPFO is a civil rights organization, not a gun club. JPFO has been encouraging all Americans to celebrate Bill of Rights Day. The Bill of Rights is nine Amendments more than just the Second Amendment.
2. Whenever the federal government instigates a search or seizure in a private home, the Fourth Amendment comes into play. It doesn't matter what the underlying issue is -- the Fourth Amendment applies.
3. If federal government agents armed with battle gear invade a home before dawn,
- without knocking,
- without serving a warrant,
- later claiming to have a warrant, which upon inspection appears to be legally-defective or fraudulently-obtained,
- standing on the authority of an edict issued by an unelected political figure,
- pointing an automatic rifle at an unarmed man holding a child and screaming at him,
- when no criminal activity is suspected in the home, and
- when none of the occupants is suspected of committing a crime or concealing evidence in a criminal case,
- ==> then America has a problem.
4. When poll results show that most Americans don't understand the Constitutional issues involved in the federal seizure of Elian Gonzalez, that means that JPFO has much more work to do. JPFO won't rest until most Americans can spot a Constitutional rights violation a mile away.
5. If you want to protect your right to keep and bear arms (as guaranteed by the Second Amendment), then you had better be motivated to protect all of the Bill of Rights for everyone. All of the rights and protections of the Constitution work together as a bulwark against tyranny. Lose some of those rights and protections, and the others will dribble away, too.
6. JPFO takes no position on the state law question of custody of Elian Gonzalez. JPFO takes no position on the immigration law question of asylum. JPFO, however, strongly opposes any violation of the Bill of Rights.
7. The federal government does not get the "benefit of the doubt." Government force must always answer to the authority of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Every time, no exceptions. As citizens, we have the natural right and sacred duty to watch that government like a hawk -- and to cry out loudly when that government even looks like it is violating the Constitution. Read the Declaration of Independence, the Federalist Papers, and Thomas Paine's Common Sense. JPFO takes the Founding Father's view: eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.
8. JPFO won't stop defending the Bill of Rights just because media talking heads, apologists for government power, and certain polled Americans don't "get it." Quitting this fight is the last thing we will do.
Please see "Gran'pa Jack" Number 3 -- "Common Sense": http://www.jpfo.org/gpjack3.htm which discusses every right and protection protected by the Bill of Rights.
The Liberty Crew
This Alert archived at http://www.jpfo.org/alert20000502.htm
Are you buying books, CDs, or videos? Help JPFO earn a commission on your purchases, Click through to Amazon.com via the JPFO web site at: http://www.jpfo.org/bookstore.htm
To subscribe via e-mail to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
To Un-subscribe to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
In either case, respond to the confirmation message you will get back.
[ JPFO Home > Alerts > JPFO Works to Protect All of the Bill of Rights ]
© 2000 JPFO < email@example.com >