Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Inc.
P.O. Box 270143
Hartford, WI 53027
Phone (800) 869-1884
Fax (425) 451-3959
July 7, 2000
Do You Want to Live Under Such Laws?
Here is an example of how a government, the state of Israel, has severely restricted the individual right to firearms ownership.
See http://www.jpfo.org/israel-firearms.htm (English & Hebrew)
The gun grabbers in America are slowly working their way in this direction. We can't let that happen here. Support JPFO or any legitimate organization that's working to preserve the Second Amendment--BUT DO SOMETHING! JPFO has several programs in which you can get involved. Most of them are things you can do as an individual or in a group. Here are some ideas, but there are plenty more--get creative!
1. Distribute JPFO booklets to family, friends, civic group or gun club members, scout troops, college student organizations, etc. Education is our #1 tactic.
2. Write letters to the editor on issues such as Bill of Rights Day, Racist Roots of Gun Control, and Dial 911 and Die (the police protection myth). (Use samples on website if desired.)
See http://www.jpfo.org/jpfobor.htm for an example
3. Write letters to corporations and other entities challenging their support for "gun control." JPFO has a number of sample letters on the website you can use or tailor to your needs.
See http://www.jpfo.org/alert20000115.htm for just one example
4. Contact a local government representative, such as councilman, assemblyman, mayor, etc. about having a Bill of Rights Day resolution introduced and passed. Sample resolution is available on the website, or contact us for more information. (Sometimes a group of two or more working together can increase the chances of BORD resolutions in local and state governments.... yet individuals have been able to get them passed, too.)
5. Contribute funds to JPFO to further our work. (Either direct contributions or by purchase of products and materials.) You'd be amazed how efficient JPFO is, and especially when compared to some larger organizations.
6. Encourage others to join JPFO, or at least to subscribe to our free internet alert system. (Give them sample materials to stimulate their interest.) Having a booth at a gun show is a great way to easily get the message out and sign up members.
7. Sponsor a bill board advertisement in your town. Contact us for details. This really works ... and fast!
8. Write a personal letter to a favorite talk show host ... ask him or her to interview JPFO generally ... or Richard Stevens about the Dial 911 and Die book.
9. Sponsor an essay contest at a local high school or college ... topic on the Bill of Rights or the Second Amendment or the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Supply applicants with JPFO materials as resources.
More more more -- We have tons of ideas ... let us know what interests you. (All of these ideas have been done successfully by others.) We'll work with you.
Rabbi R. Mermelstein
This Alert archived at http://www.jpfo.org/alert20000712.htm
Are you buying books, CDs, or videos? Help JPFO earn a commission on your purchases, Click through to Amazon.com via the JPFO web site at: http://www.jpfo.org/bookstore.htm
Are you a member of JPFO? See http://www.jpfo.org/member.htm for information, forms, and links you can use to become a member!
A New Special Offer: If you join JPFO (or renew your membership) for a Two-Year period, we will send you a free JPFO Logo lapel pin. See the pin!
JPFO ALERTS is provided as a free service to the Internet Community. If you wish to help support this service, consider joining JPFO! $20/year (no, you don't have to be Jewish!)
To subscribe via e-mail to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
To Un-subscribe to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
In either case, respond to the confirmation message you will get back.
[ JPFO Home > Alerts > Do You Want to Live Under Such Laws? ]
© 2000 JPFO < firstname.lastname@example.org >