Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Inc.
P.O. Box 270143
Hartford, WI 53027
Phone (800) 869-1884
Fax (425) 451-3959
October 23, 2000
Gun Owners, Please Do the Right Thing!
Friday, October 20, 2000
NEA Wipes The Mat With American Gun Owners
Dear Second Amendment-friendly Internet entities,
A couple of months ago I sent you an email reporting that the National Education Association had embarked upon a petition drive with the intention of delivering to Congress millions of signatures calling for more national gun control.
That email also announced that Walter Mueller, publisher of Sacramento's (CA) Community News, had begun a petition drive to counter the NEA. He named it the Patriot Petition and plans to deliver the gathered signatures to Congress at about the same time the NEA delivers theirs. What Walter has done is to give America's gun owners the opportunity to stand up for themselves and tell Congress, "No, in spite of what the liberals say, America does not want to be disarmed."
Well, this is two-and-a-half months later and the most recent news is appalling. According to sources close to the NEA, that group has, to date, collected 1.8 MILLION signatures. The number of signatures so far turned in by America's 80,000,000 gun owners: 5,000. 5 measly thousand, nearly 1/5 of which were collected right here in Sacramento by a handful of people at one two-day gun show. This showing is paltry, pitiful, inconsequential and wimpy!
Can you just imagine what a field day the liberal media will have telling America that the NEA's millions of signatures were countered by a weak several thousand?
Now, before I rail any further, I want to sincerely thank those Internet entities that did respond to the earlier call to action. I'm sure that much of the response we have gotten is due to your answering the call, passing the word along. I'm not even sure exactly how many entities did respond, but I know two things: First, that the number of respondents was way less than half of the over 75 that I personally contacted, and: We gun owners as a group, some eighty million strong, are not doing nearly enough if we intend to save face in front of the nation (let alone saving our freedoms).
So, along with my thanks to those on line organizations that have participated, I must ask you to do more. Those who have not yet participated, please get involved. We have about 2 to 3 months left.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. You can post a brief notice on your site directing people to an informational page athttp://www.conservativedigest.net/petition.html
2. You can save the Patriot Petition .pdf file attached hereto and offer it for download from your site. With the .pdf file people can print the petition for themselves on 8-1/2X14 paper.[Petition is not attached, but is located at:
http://www.jpfo.org/PatriotPetition.pdf -- JPFO]
3. You can forward this email to all your email contacts. If you wish, you can save the .pdf file attached hereto and attach it to the emails you forward. [Petition .pdf not included with this mailing, it is found at the above URL.]
4. You can do a write-up in your electronic or hard alerts/ publications.
5. You can circulate the petition among staff, co-workers and at membership meetings. Offer extra copies for people to take with them.
6. I'll bet you could think of something I haven't.
Now, before I blast the individuals who have heard about the Patriot Petition but haven't responded, I want to thank the 5,000 that have signed the petition, those who did the circulating and the relatively few who have worked hard on this project. But folks, a few people busting their backs won't get the job done. On the other hand, if a measly 300,000 of America's 80,000,000 gun owners each turned in only ten signatures we could go to Washington, DC with three million signatures. That's why I put this effort into contacting Internet sites; the communication potential of the internet is awesome. But people have to respond.
Over the years I have spoken with many friends regarding gun control issues. It's not uncommon, when the conversation gets around to confiscation, for a guy to get a hard look on his face, stick out his chest and strut, saying, "They ain't gett'n my guns!!" But a lot of these same guys won't be bothered to collect ten signatures so that we can successfully oppose a huge public demand for disarmament led by a rabidly anti-gun socialist group. Imagine that!
Well, to be fair, maybe these guys have valid reasons for not getting involved. Lemme see, how many have I heard.
1. "I'm too busy." OK, if you work full time, have kids and an elderly parent to take care of as well as the house, the yards, the car(s), meals, dishes and housecleaning and your wife is disabled, you qualify for this one. The rest of you, Sorry, you don't qualify. It'll take you about one hour to request hard copies of the petition by email, sign, get nine more signatures and mail in the petitions.
2. "Can't afford it." Sorry, the cost is one envelope and one 33-cent stamp.
3. "I believe in the right to keep and bear arms but, as a teacher, I'm an NEA member." Well, it's about time you got the balls to stand up for yourself and tell the NEA where to stick it. In case you haven't noticed, this is your freedoms that the NEA is working to take away from you. I hope you people who are hiding in your foxholes aren't any of those saying, "They ain't gett'n my guns!"
4. "I don't want my name on a list." Partner, if you own a gun chances are that your name is already on several lists. Stop hiding and defend yourself.
5. "I don't need to, I'm an NRA member." Perhaps you'd like the NRA to wipe your butt, too.
6. "'W' will win the election, then everything will be alright." Look, sweetheart, "W" is marginally better than Gore but he's still a globalist. Besides, just because Bush signed ccw legislation in Texas is no guarantee that he'll be able to stand off the liberal media, rabid anti-gun politicians and the "public outcry" for more gun control if all we have to go to Washington with is a sheepish grin.
7. "I don't like it that the petition has the word 'God' in it." Get over it! Frankly, I don't consider myself to be religious either. But I have enough sense to see that the religious in this country are our strongest ally. Without America's patriotic Christians, Jews and others standing beside us, you and I are nothing.
8. "The language isn't strong enough. The language is too strong. It shouldn't mention the United Nations. It should say this. It should say that." Knock it off!!! Let's get on the same page, people. The Patriot Petition, launched by a naturalized first generation legal immigrant, who, seemingly, cares more for our country than 99% of us seem to, is the only measure that has been started to counter what could turn out to be an extremely destructive drive by the NEA.
9. "I'm a socialist globalist and I want Americans to be disarmed."
OK, this last one is valid. Almost nobody else has a good reason not to support the Patriot Petition. So if I haven't been successful in shaming you into action, stick your chest hairs back into your shirt, get that mean look off your face and go out and sell your guns for popcorn to go along with your Monday Night Football or for gas for your fishing boat. Because I'll tell you straight out, if you don't have the gumption to defend yourself when the going is easy, I'll not look for you by my side when bullets start flying.
WHAT INDIVIDUALS CAN DO:
1. Forward this email to all of your own email contacts.
2. Get copies of the Patriot Petition:Email Community News at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email ConservativeDigest.net at: Grady@conservativedigest.net
Request a return email with the Patriot Petition .pdf file attached, which you can use to print your own petitions on 8-1/2X14 paper.
Send a mailing address and we will return hard copies. For any requests that come to ConservativeDigest.net I will return two copies of the petition. There are spaces for five signatures on each petition. If you want additional copies you can make them on any copier that will make 8-1/2X14 copies.
3. Sign the petition and get nine others to sign. Citizens do not even have to be registered voters to petition the federal government for redress of grievances. Among other things, this means that your freedom-loving children can sign too, if you want them to.
4. Mail the petitions to the address at the bottom of the petition.
5. If you want to be a real patriot you can make as many copies of the petition as you want and gather signatures in your neighborhood, at gun shows, etc.
6. Call conservative talk shows and educate the hosts and listeners about the petition drive and how they can participate.
Come on, folks, get involved. A few of us can't do the job no matter how hard we try. We need a lot of people, each doing a little bit. Do it for eighty million gun-owning brothers and sisters. Do it for all Americans even if they don't know it's good for them. Do it for freedom.for Constitution.for national sovereignty. Do it for yourself.
* * *
Forwarded FYI by the Liberty Crew
Are you a member of JPFO? See http://www.jpfo.org/member.htm for information, forms, and links you can use to become a member!
A New Special Offer: If you join JPFO (or renew your membership) for a Two-Year period, we will send you a free JPFO Logo lapel pin. See the pin!
Copyright 2000 JPFO, Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this alert in full, so long as the JPFO contact information is included.
JPFO ALERTS is provided as a free service to the Internet Community. If you wish to help support this service, consider joining JPFO! $20/year (no, you don't have to be Jewish!)
To subscribe via e-mail to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
To Un-subscribe to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
In either case, respond to the confirmation message you will get back.
[ JPFO Home > Alerts > Gun Owners, Please Do the Right Thing! ]
© 2000 JPFO < email@example.com >