Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Inc.
P.O. Box 270143
Hartford, WI 53027
Phone (800) 869-1884
Fax (425) 451-3959
November 11, 2003
Celebrate the Values Our Vets Fought For
Today, November 11, is Veterans Day in the United States. To truly honor those who fought for freedom, let's do more than take the day off work. Let's thank our soldiers, past and present. Then let's show them that "thanks" isn't merely a word.
Thank them by making (or renewing) an unshakable commitment to live by the Bill of Rights. This is the greatest honor we can pay our protectorsto respect, promote, and continue to protect the core freedoms they fought to preserve. They saved our freedoms. Can we do any less than hold on to such a precious gift?
Here are just a few things anyone can do to make a commitment to freedom this Veterans Day and throughout the year:
1. Read the Bill of Rights to children and explain the meaning of each amendment to them. (You'll find the BofR, with brief modern English explanations on the JPFO site at http://www.jpfo.org/billrights.htm)
2. Send copies of the Bill of Rights in their own languages to your friends and relatives around the world. (Choose from 11 languages at http://www.jpfo.org/bor.htm.)
3. Start meetings or homeschooling sessions by reciting The Freedom Pledge (http://www.jpfo.org/alert20020522.htm)
4. Reach out to people in different parts of the political spectrum. Although you may have many differences, left, right, and libertarian can find common ground in the Bill of Rights. (http://www.jpfo.org/outreach.htm)
5. Each Veterans Day, re-read the "Open Letter to Our Fathers and Grandfathers: You Won the Battle But Lost the War." (http://www.jpfo.org/veterans.htm)
6. And every year, celebrate Bill of Rights Day on December 15. Make it a community celebration, and a meaningful one. We have free materials on our Web site to show you how. (http://www.jpfo.org/bord.htm)
Salute our vets! Then show them how deeply you cherish the gift they bought with their lives, their sweat, and their blood.
Love freedomand stay free.
The Liberty Crew
ARE YOU A DUES PAYING MEMBER? DO YOU BUY JPFO PRO-FREEDOM MATERIALS?
Visit the JPFO Gun Owners' Business and Service Directory
Visit our Unpopular Speech page as part of your daily net reading. There are over 1,000 articles and essays that will either make your blood boil or give a chill down your spine. Now Searchable! With a New "Index by Author".
Bookmark it today: http://www.jpfo.org/unpopularspeech.htm
NEW FEATURE: A Continuously Updated Firearms News feed from FirearmsNews.comStay informed about the latest firearm related news at http://www.jpfo.org/unpopularspeech.htm
Copyright © 2003 JPFO, Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this alert in full, so long as the JPFO contact information is included.
JPFO ALERTS is provided as a free service to the Internet Community. If you wish to help support this service, consider joining JPFO! $20/year (no, you don't have to be Jewish!)
To subscribe to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
To Un-subscribe to JPFO Alerts: send a blank e-mail to:
To change your subscription address:
send an message to the Un-Subscribe address from your OLD e-mail address,
and send a Subscribe message from the NEW e-mail address.
For Subscribe messages, respond to the confirmation message you will get back from Topica.com.
[ JPFO Home > Alerts > Celebrate the Values Our Vets Fought For ]
© 2003 JPFO < firstname.lastname@example.org >