Be sure you are signed up for JPFO's periodical Email Alerts.
JOIN JPFO TODAY
Get a very aggressive defense of your rights.
Click on the above.
Help us avoid errors.
Should you prefer a full page of JPFO’s main links, then
Read these classic
rebuttals to "Gun Control"
November 24th 2013
Somehow, there are people who confess they are gun owners, who keep saying that Barack Obama is no threat to the Second Amendment. They actually go so far as to say that he has strengthened the Second Amendment during his first term.
Short post today, first, as I have discussed before, he HAD to accept the Amendment to the Credit Card Reform bill that allowed carrying of firearms in National Parks. He had the chance to allow guns in parks on its own and he refused. That means HE WAS AGAINST THE BILL.
Then there are his Supreme Court Judges, specifically Sotomayor who lied to congress about her belief in the Second Amendment only to rule against its definition of an individual right the first time it came up.
Now, lets look at a quick rundown of where the President really stands on the issues:
• Renews support for gun control through UN Arms Trade Treaty (Nov 2012)
• Calls to renew the Assault Weapons Ban (Oct 2012)
• I believe in 2nd Amendment, but not war weapons on streets. (Oct 2012)
• Fast-and-Furious: no prosecutions for Mexican gun/drug snafu. (Jun 2012)
• Tells Sarah Brady will continue to push gun control "under the radar" (March 2011)
• Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
• Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
• FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
• Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
• Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
• 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
• Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
• Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
• Keep guns out of inner cities–but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
• Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
• Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
• Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
That is Obama's REAL record on the issue of the Second Amendment from his time in Chicago through this past week.. Lip service saying he "believes in the 2nd Amendment" but does everything he can to marginalize and eliminate it. Voted for bans and draconian limits on purchasing. Opposed measures to protect firearm industry from frivolous lawsuits hoping to bankrupt them. Pushing a treaty that will impose gun controls from a foreign entity. And refuses to hold anyone accountable for a gun walking program that has killed Americans that was, despite his lies, begun under HIS administration to foster a public outcry for more gun control.
So if you are reading this and are a Obama supporter, that's fine because you are free to support whosoever you choose in this country.
Just stop trying to pass off Obama like some 2nd Amendment Champion when in reality he is a gun grabbing Chicago politician who will be a gun control champion now that he doesn't have to be re-elected anymore. If you can look at a mountain of evidence of word and deed and keep your head buried in the sand then even Obama coming to your home, ripping the gun from your hand and pistol whipping you with it because he doesn't believe you should have it, wouldn't be enough to get you off the kool aid.
He hates the Second Amendment and has a record fighting against it that goes back 15 years. I fear if left unchecked, his reach into the future will be much longer.
Back by popular demand is the JPFO window sticker - 3½ x 3½ in size and the adhesive is placed such that adhesion can be to the inside of glass, thus keeping it out of the elements. It is now available from the JPFO Store - get yours today.
Refer to the "Sandy Hook Index" for an archive collection of valuable material we have shown since the events at the Newtown Elementary School.
Useful quote --
"An efficient militia is authorized and contemplated by the Constitution and required by the spirit and safety of free government." -- James Madison
Yours in Freedom, The Liberty Crew at JPFO
Protecting you by creating solutions to destroy "gun control"